Landlords have revealed their secret and strange rules in choosing a tenant for their properties, including one who won't rent to single women > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

자유게시판

Landlords have revealed their secret and strange rules in choosing a t…

페이지 정보

작성자 Marti 댓글 0건 조회 101회 작성일 23-09-09 02:10

본문

Landlords have revealed their secret and strange rules in choosing a tenant for their properties, including one who won't rent to single women.
It comes as the nation deals with an ongoing housing crisis which has resulted in scores of renters struggling to find a home as prices soar. 
A group set up for Australian property investors recently delved into what landlords look for in a prospective tenant.
A-soon-to-be-landlord from  created the post to try and figure out what they should be looking for.
Multiple property owners said the first thing they consider is whether a tenant has a stable job and savings so they can cover the rent.
Aussie landlords have revealed how they really choose who they rent their homes to in a Facebook post (stock image)
'Jobs, money in the bank, good history, etc, but I went with my gut too, and it has served me well every time,' wrote one.
Another added a good rental history was also important in selecting a tenant.
'Clear rental ledger, clear rental history.

A family (long term) is a good choice less chance of them breaking up and not being able to cover rent. Good income,' they said.
'Don't let the rent exceed 30 per cent of their wage.'
Others felt that going by the 30 per cent rule was difficult to follow through with in light of the cost-of-living crisis and high rental prices.
They preferred a clear rental history and long-term tenancy.
Other landlords gave some more unusual responses to the question.
One advised landlords not to 'have single women as tenants'.
'You run a risk with DV problems, boyfriends moving live in care agencies near me etc., especially with the new DV laws,' they said.
The laws in NSW protect those experiencing domestic violence by permitting them or their dependent child to end their tenancy immediately without being penalised.
Others recommended requesting pictures of a renter's car and pets to see if they look after them, which they said would give good insight into whether they would look after the property.
'If they have dogs I like to see pictures of them so that I can tell they're well cared for,' said one.
'I've found people that take care of their dogs tend to take care of everything in their life...

bit anecdotal but it has rung true so far,' said one.
Another landlord advised investors 'check out' a prospective tenant's car because 'if they don't look after that, they won't look after your house'.
Multiple property owners said the first thing they consider is whether a tenant has a stable job and savings so they can cover the rent (pictured, rental sign outside a Brisbane home)
Renters have been doing it tough for years with very high rents and few properties available (pictured, people queueing to view a rental property)
is Australia's most expensive rental market with median weekly unit rent in the year to July surging by 24.1 per cent to $666.39 as equivalent house rent rose by 15.9 per cent to $963.92, SQM Research data showed.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회원로그인

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체

그누보드5
Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.